"CIRAS has provided me with vital market research and collaborated with me on developing effective marketing strategies and materials."
- Susan Lammers, Classic Industrial Painting
How to Market Products and Services to the Government
Focused marketing increases the likelihood of winning government contracts. It enables companies to know what their customers are looking for and where they are spending money. Marketing helps businesses understand their competitors and has the ability to create more opportunities for a business to engage, network, and win contracts.
CIRAS APEX staff are ready to assist companies in all aspects of putting together a plan for marketing to the government, including:
- Identifying potential markets and target customers
- Conducting market research
- Utilizing agency procurement histories to determine who buys what a company sells and how much they buy
- Helping craft and/or review a capability statement
- Capture planning assistance
- Providing education on how to identify points of contact and establish relationships with agencies
- Assisting in the development of a Government Marketing Plan
To seek guidance in marketing to the government or to schedule a no-cost assessment, complete the APEX Request for Counseling form or contact your Regional Government Contracting Specialist.
CIRAS provides several related services, including: