"We knew the opportunities were out there, but we truly didn't have a clue on how to reach them. The excitement is real here.
I personally can't wait to see what our future with CIRAS brings!"
- Jenna Gregory, Gregory Welding
How to Find and Understand Government Contracting Opportunities
Finding and understanding government contracting opportunities can be confusing. CIRAS PTAC staff can help guide companies through this next step by:
- Providing education on the government solicitation process and the various contract types
- Explaining the difference between RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs
- Identifying internet-based and other electronic procurement opportunities that match a company’s products and services
- Helping businesses understand subcontracting opportunities, where subcontracting may be a better fit, and how to use it to build “past performance”
- Providing access to the Bidmatch database – a bid matching service that examines local, state, and federal solicitations. Clients receive an email notification whenever new bid matches are available.
Upcoming Growth Training, Events, and Workshops:
- CIRAS' 2020 Strategic Marketing Boot Camp (10/5/2020 - 11/9/2020, Webinar)
- Using beta.SAM.gov (10/5/2020, Webinar)
- Iowa’s TSB Program, plus Introduction to a State Agency (TBA) (10/7/2020, Webinar)
CIRAS provides several related services, including: