"CIRAS challenged us to think differently about sources of labor… The only way we’re going to increase our workforce is to become more open minded to alternative ways of hiring people and alternative pools of prospective employees."
- Tom Pientok, CEO, Timberline Manufacturing
Identify and attract the right skilled workers
CIRAS experts work with Iowa businesses to identify and implement strategic changes that will make a company better at finding the best employees. The first step is to identify who you can hire. CIRAS is here to help throughout the process.
Assistance available to Iowa businesses includes:
- Review local workforce data to identify under-employed populations.
- Identify and address the root causes preventing successful attraction of under-employed populations.
- Assess your readiness to hire and retain.
- Create an actionable plan for targeted recruitment.
- Implement inclusive employee recruitment strategies.
- Align workforce strategies with your employee development, automation and productivity actions.
To seek guidance or schedule a no-cost assessment, contact your Regional CIRAS Strategic Advisor or workforce programs director Brenda Martin.
CIRAS provides several related services, including: