"By 2025, the share of tasks performed by robots will rise from a global average of around 10 percent to about 25 percent across all manufacturing industries. Wider robotics adoption will boost manufacturing productivity by up to 30 percent."
- The Robotics Revolution: The Next Great Leap in Manufacturing by Harold L. Sirkin, Michael Zinser, and Justin Rose
Learn About Automation in Manufacturing
Unable to find enough people to hire, businesses across Iowa are turning to process automation so they can continue to grow and develop in the face of a perpetually tight workforce. But installing robots without an overall plan can quickly lead to chaos instead of enhanced productivity.
Automation projects frequently fail because companies 1) don’t understand the bigger picture of how all their various organizational processes fit together, and/or 2) don’t have a clear idea about what they want the project to achieve.
Experts with the CIRAS Technology Assistance Program (TAP), can help Iowa manufacturers understand what’s possible with automation and how they can get the most value out of the most appropriate tool. Getting started with automation is a much easier process if a business knows what questions to ask and what should be considered when defining a project.
CIRAS can help:
- Understand a global process and where automation or robotics might make sense
- Weigh the cost versus potential benefits
- Define success and how to measure it
- Lay out a plant to accommodate automation
- Identify system integrators and understand questions to be asked
CIRAS can help manufacturers take the first steps towards implementing automation in their plant.
- Business Resiliency Series Topic: Automation (5/11/2021, Webinar)
- What to consider before Investing in 3D Printing Technology (5/13/2021, Webinar)
- Unusual Tools: Tales from the NDE Toolbox (5/18/2021, Webinar)
CIRAS provides several related services, including: