"CIRAS offered the opportunity to bring in a different set of eyes to help us find areas where safety could be improved."
- Jerry Hultgren, MAHLE
Improve Manufacturing Safety
A safe workplace is a happier and more productive workplace. Iowa manufacturers who take safety seriously see improved worker confidence, increased profitability, a reduction in overall operating costs, and an end to time lost due to accidents. But how can a company be certain they are following appropriate safety regulations and best practices?
CIRAS safety training services assist companies in a variety of ways. If appropriate, a team of CIRAS experts can conduct a safety assessment of an entire operation. Alternately, CIRAS can focus on specific concerns such as testing air quality or noise levels. We also take a more direct educational approach by working with a company’s safety leaders to help them understand Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) general industry standards and requirements.
Coaching, training, and technical assistance available to Iowa businesses include:
- Safety assessment/audit
- Safety training and coaching
- Interpretation of Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA, and other safety regulations
- Safety culture improvement
- General industry OSHA safety program development
CIRAS can help a company stay aware of the best practices in safety implementation. Additionally, CIRAS clients have access to potential technical assistance from our vast network of safety experts and partners.
- COVID-19 Food Manufacturing Roundtable (7/2/2020, Webinar)
- COVID-19 Manufacturing Roundtable (7/7/2020, Webinar)
- COVID-19 Food Manufacturing Roundtable (7/9/2020, Webinar)
CIRAS provides several related services, including: