"CIRAS has been integral in assisting our company with navigating the federal and state information for bidding.
The personnel are very knowledgeable and helpful."
- Chris Boel, Climate Solutions
How to Bid on Government Contracts
Preparing bids and proposals can be an overwhelming part of breaking into government contracting. Guidance from CIRAS specialists can help Iowa companies save time while learning how to bid on government contracts and increase the chances that businesses submit a winning bid.
The CIRAS PTAC program exists to serve as an advisor for any participating Iowa business. We walk companies through the process and help ensure they submit complete and proper bid documents to the correct agency in the most efficient manner.
PTAC government contracting specialists cannot write proposals for companies. But we can help:
- Point businesses to websites where bid information and documents can be obtained
- Train companies on accessing complete bid sets
- Educate clients on the process for downloading drawings, specifications, and other engineering-related information
- Explain the technicalities of bid requirements
- Interpret federal, state, or industry contract clauses and business practices
- Check for errors/omissions before submission of a proposal
CIRAS provides several related services, including: