"We didn’t know where to begin. CIRAS provided us with the education and tools to navigate the world of government contracts, simply and completely."
- Dale McKinney, M Plus Architects
How to Grow Business through Government Contracting
What happens after a company has mastered the bidding process and conquered the RFQ? What if they are looking for other opportunities to grow? Experienced companies who understand the basics of selling products and services to the government sometimes decide to pursue more complex forms of business with federal agencies.
CIRAS PTAC specialists provide a range of advanced contracting services that can guide these clients as they work to broaden their horizons and take their government contracting pursuits to the next level. Working with the CIRAS PTAC team on complex contracting issues allows Iowa businesses to focus limited resources on other areas of expertise while leveraging the extensive CIRAS network. CIRAS experts can use their connections, research capabilities, and institutional knowledge to improve business success.
CIRAS will provide customized training and one-on-one counseling to assist clients in their understanding of advanced topics, such as federal preference programs and partnership options. Beyond initial registrations and comprehension of bid opportunities, CIRAS will meet with clients to understand their specific goals and leverage our diverse experiences to maximize the company’s contracting potential.
Among other things, CIRAS PTAC specialists can:
- Instruct companies on the details of how an agency works, plans, and forecasts – information that may help strengthen contracting partnerships
- Explain various contracting vehicles such as General Services Administration (GSA) schedules
- Advise about unique government programs that could increase company sales including:
- Mentor-Protege programs
- Teaming/joint ventures
- Commercial item acquisition
- Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program
- Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) program
- Provide referrals to other programs
- Assist in matchmaking with prime contractors to help meet subcontracting plan requirements
Upcoming Growth Training, Events, and Workshops:
- Finding Better Customers (7/9/2020, Webinar, IA)
- Virtual Networking and Customer Meetings (Presented by Entellect LLC) (7/29/2020, Webinar)
- The SBA's Mentor Programs: What You Need to Know (8/5/2020, Webinar)
To seek CIRAS guidance with government contracting services or to schedule a no-cost assessment, complete the PTAC Request for Counseling form or contact your Regional Government Contracting Specialist.
CIRAS provides several related services, including: