"CIRAS has provided us with the education, confidence, and support to grow our business through government contracts.
If not for the CIRAS education and support, we would not have pursued these opportunities."
- Len Hoogerwerf, Owner, QC Analytical, Le Claire
How to Get Started Selling to the Government
The CIRAS Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is the “go to” resource for any Iowa business seeking to sell products or services to the government – whether a company is a beginner in search of the basics or a more experienced company seeking to improve performance.
We help de-mystify the process as a business gets started on (and throughout) its government contracting journey. Federal, state, and local governments are going to continue purchasing what they need. We want to help Iowa businesses capture those opportunities!
Our staff engage with clients to educate about the key steps required before they can begin selling to the government. These include:
- Assessing a company’s suitability for government contracting
- Helping businesses understand federal, state, and local government requirements applicable to pursuing contracts in the manufacturing, construction, service, or other markets
- Advising and assisting businesses in the preparation and proper submission of applications, certifications, registrations, etc. to prepare them for doing business with government entities
- Identifying procurement preference programs that businesses may qualify for, to help them compete for and win contracts
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- HUBZone Program
- Service Disabled Veteran-Owned
- Women-Owned Small Business
- 8(a) Business Development Program
- Targeted Small Business
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Other unique programs
Let us help create a customized service plan for your business and help you achieve government contracting success!
CIRAS provides several related services, including: