"Now we work smarter, not harder. Working with CIRAS is one of the best things that’s ever happened to us."
- Freda Sojka, CEO, Simply Soothing, Columbus Junction
Implementing ISO 9001
Today’s ever-changing world carries with it ever-changing expectations. From food safety to sustainability to information security, society increasingly expects more from its largest corporations. Large manufacturers feel increasing pressure – from stockholders, competitors, customers, and government regulators – to do more to guarantee that their products are safe and of high quality. As a result, those companies increasingly are passing on those expectations when they deal with other businesses.
Iowa manufacturers who aspire to enter new markets and build or maintain relationships with major customers can expect to face increasing scrutiny of their operations in the coming years. Companies need to ask themselves – can we really deliver what we promise?
Quality management systems provide a recognized way for Iowa businesses to certify that their products or services are consistent. CIRAS can train employees in all facets of quality management, from creating a quality manual through attaining certifications under standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, ISO 17025, IAHF 16949, or AS 9001C.
Coaching, training, and assistance available to Iowa businesses includes:
- New standard transition assistance and training (ex: the shift to ISO 9001:2015)
- Risk-based training
- Gap assessment
- Readiness audit
- Internal auditor training
- Custom training and coaching
- ILC Coaching Kata Overview (5/18/2021, Webinar)
- Cobots and Machine Tending (5/18/2021, Webinar)
- Iowa Lean Manufacturing Lean Leaders Roundtable (5/19/2021, Webinar)
CIRAS provides several related services, including: