"CIRAS has been instrumental in helping educate and direct us in terms of our technology and how we can increase sales and expand markets."
- Brian Buscher, President, SBEMCO
Product Design and Process Design
CIRAS engineers can help Iowa companies with product/process design in a variety of ways and make connections with our network of partners and resources in different areas of expertise.
- Provide companies with limited product design concept assistance using 3D CAD
- Provide guidance for companies experiencing specific technical issues with a new or existing product
- Show companies how to design for assembly or manufacturability, and understand how new technology can help improve flexibility and speed of bringing a new innovation to market
- Discuss how engineering expertise might benefit a company
- Help companies make connections to arrange an internship or hire a graduating student engineer
CIRAS cannot provide:
- Product endorsements
- Fully dimensioned designs
- Assessments of product or process safety
- Guarantee of performance
- Services of a professional engineer
To seek guidance about a product/process design or to schedule a no-cost assessment, contact your Regional CIRAS Strategic Advisor or Project Manager Chris Hill.
CIRAS provides several related services, including: