"CIRAS helped us keep our initial costs low, which results in a more affordable product for our customers."
- Senad Salkic, American Athletic Inc., Jefferson
Additive Manufacturing Resources at ISU
CIRAS engineers use specialized technology and materials to help Iowa companies develop innovative products and processes to meet the increasing needs of their customers.
Technical assistance available to Iowa businesses includes:
- Understanding the various 3D printing technologies
- Help selecting the best technology and materials to meet the needs of a specific application
- Access to advanced 3D printing technologies
- Support for innovation programs
- Rapid options for industrial tooling needs
Last year, Iowa companies using these services reported saving up to 50 percent of the time to obtain production tooling, in addition to months of product and process development time.
- Iowa Manufacturing Lean Leaders Roundtable (3/3/2021, Webinar)
- CIRAS Digital Manufacturing Lab Powered by Alliant Energy - Virtual Lab Tour (3/11/2021, Webinar)
- Iowa Manufacturing Lean Leaders Rountable (3/17/2021, Webinar)
CIRAS provides several related services, including: