"The resources that CIRAS has brought to us are resources we would have a very difficult time accessing at a reasonable cost any other way."
- Dan Svec, president of PyroGraphics
Connecting to ISU Faculty and Research Labs
CIRAS is based at Iowa State University, which provides us with with key insights into the technical and business capabilities that exist at Iowa’s premier research institution. The university has nearly 2,000 faculty who teach and conduct research in engineering, business, agriculture, and more. CIRAS can help Iowa manufacturers connect with the right faculty or laboratory to solve technical and business problems, conduct research on products or markets, or engage with students.
CIRAS works with Iowa companies to assess their needs, then coordinates with appropriate Iowa State faculty on the creation of company-driven projects. These projects can:
- Include faculty from multiple disciplines across Iowa State
- Last from one month up to one year in duration
- Potentially involve cost sharing to assist companies with expenses on qualifying projects
Examples of past projects include engineering product design/testing, animal feeding trials, food ingredient formulation and shelf life studies, human sensory trials, software design, statistical analysis and survey design, marketing and accounting assistance, or materials analysis and optimization.
- Business Resiliency Series Topic: Automation (5/11/2021, Webinar)
- What to consider before Investing in 3D Printing Technology (5/13/2021, Webinar)
- Unusual Tools: Tales from the NDE Toolbox (5/18/2021, Webinar)
CIRAS provides several related services, including: