"Iowa State and the programs have been instrumental in helping us with things like quickly defining metals and engineering the angle of things."
- Loren Balvanz, USM Wear, Eldora
Contract Research with Faculty at Iowa State
CIRAS helps Iowa companies work with Iowa State University faculty and staff on multiple types of company-driven technical projects:
- CIRAS clients have the potential to work with faculty in any area offered by the university
- Project duration can range from one month up to one year
- A potential cost share arrangement is available to help companies with expenses
- Research and development projects can involve exploring new products and concepts, testing new products, or process improvement
Past projects include engineering product design/testing, animal feeding trials, food ingredient formulation and shelf-life studies, human sensory trials, software design, statistical analysis and survey design, marketing and accounting assistance, materials analysis, and optimization.
Companies involved in TAP Contract Research/Technical Assistance projects have reported an average Return on Investment (ROI) of more than 300 percent.
- Virtual Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course (8/2/2021 - 9/27/2021, Webinar)
- Manufacturing Lean Leaders Roundtable - 10/6/2021 (10/6/2021, Webinar)
- Manufacturing Lean Leaders Roundtable - 10/20/2021 (10/20/2021, Webinar)
CIRAS provides several related services, including: