"The services provided allowed us to prove that our products & processes were sound and of excellent quality.
By doing this we are able to continue to grow with a good customer."
- Jamie Lund, Lund Manufacturing, Farley
NDE Resources at ISU
Nondestructive evaluation (NDE) refers to various noninvasive techniques that can be used to find flaws in parts or to measure some property of a component. CIRAS experts can help select the most suitable inspection tool for a company’s application, depending on cost concerns, sensitivity requirements, and implementation needs.
We can assist Iowa companies in this area by:
- Explaining and demonstrating the principles of various inspection methods
- Performing feasibility studies to determine if NDE methods will work for an application
- Developing/evaluating inspection procedures for old or new designs
- Providing unbiased information on sources of equipment, testing laboratories, and NDE advances
Our goal is to help manufacturers become educated consumers of NDE products and services that meet a particular need. Our available tools include:
- Visual inspection
- Magnetic particle testing
- Liquid penetrant testing
- Eddy current testing
- Ultrasonic testing
- Radiographic testing
- Other advanced NDE methods
CIRAS provides several related services, including: