"We easily received our membership dues back from our first event…this is the focused type of group we were looking for."
- Michele Boney, West Liberty Foods, founding member of ISBF
How to Develop Effective Sustainability Programs
CIRAS, through our partner the Iowa Sustainable Business Forum (ISBF), helps Iowa businesses connect and develop effective sustainability programs.
The mission of the ISBF is to connect Iowa businesses to continuously improve practices that positively impact people, planet, and profits. ISBF is a confidential, members-only forum focused on helping environmental, social responsibility, safety, and other sustainability leaders connect with each other to help solve problems. Programs include:
- Networking: Members connect and collaborate with leaders at Iowa businesses successfully managing sustainability
- Education: Businesses learn from each other through topic-specific roundtables, webinars, and site visits driven by feedback from members
- Training: ISBF can bring in top sustainability experts for local training
- Discounts: ISBF members have access to a growing list of discounts on sustainability services from trusted vendor partners to provide education and training
Key topics of education and training include general business sustainability initiatives, environmental health and safety, waste reduction, energy efficiency, renewable energy, employee wellness, and more.