Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE)
What is NDE?
NDE is one name for the noninvasive techniques used to evaluate the integrity of a material, component or structure or alternatively, to quantitatively measure some characteristic of an object.
What are the benefits of NDE?
Among other things, utilitizing NDE techniques are useful for:
- Developing or evaluating inspections techniques and procedures
- Performing feasibility studies to determine if NDE methods will work for a specific application
- Assisting with the interpretation of standards and specifications
- Providing information on sources for equipment and NDE services
- Disseminating information on state-of-the-art advances in NDE
What can CIRAS do for my company?
CIRAS will educate Iowa manufacturers in NDE technology, as well as helping with its assessment and implementation. The Engineering Team will work with clients to evaluate possible applications of NDE technology.
What is my next step?
Contact these staff members to see what CIRAS can do for you.