What is metallurgy?
Metallurgy is a domain of materials science and engineering that studies the physical and chemical behavior of metallic elements, their intermetallic compounds, and their mixtures, which are called alloys.
What are the benefits of material support?
CIRAS can provide a variety of Materials Services:
- Characterization of microstructures
- Chemical composition analysis
- Preparation and fabrication of advanced materials
- Mechanical testing and characterization
- Optical and electron microscopy
- Identification and classification of manufacturing defects
Among the topics covered:
- Heat treating
- Materials identification, selection, and verification
- Powder metallurgy processing
- Alternative or innovative materials and processing
What can CIRAS do for my company?
CIRAS will educate Iowa manufacturers in metallurgy technology, as well as helping with its assessment and implementation. The Engineering Team will work with clients to evaluate possible applications of metallurgy throughout the product life cycle.
What is my next step?
Contact these staff members to see what CIRAS can do for you.
|Adam J. Boesenbergfirstname.lastname@example.org|