The TAP Research Cost-Sharing program is available to Iowa companies for pursuing research conducted at Iowa State University. The program, funded by the state, provides an effective yet inexpensive way to access the facilities, expertise and knowledge of the faculty and professionals working at Iowa State.
- Company with R&D or production operation in Iowa
- Project should be applied R&D effort in one of the following areas:
- Product development/improvement
- Process development/improvement
- Manufacturing problem-solving
- Company must contribute cash match toward research costs - no match against federal or state flow-through funds.
- Projects are intended to have a measurable commercial impact for the company.
Company Size: Special Requirements
- Small, under 20 employees: A range of 1:1 to 3:1 cash match from TAP (by Iowa code).
- Medium, 21-99 employees: Up to 1:1 cash match from TAP.
- Large, 100-499 employees: Limit projects to areas outside focus of company’s in-house R&D staff; up to 1:1 cash match from TAP.
- Extra-Large, 500+ employees: No projects
Project Size and Budget
- Total direct cost under $80K (direct + F&A under $100K)
- $15K minimum project size
- Maximum TAP share $40K
- Facilities and Administrative (F&A or indirect) cost rate of 26% applied to company funds. F&A costs are subsidized by the State of Iowa through Iowa State University.
For more information, contact Brian Muff at 515-520-1033 or email@example.com.
Engage. Educate. Embed.
Last updated: 2/24/2016