Dealing with Drought - 2013
Due to the unusually warm and dry summer here in the Midwest, many of our counties are facing drought conditions not seen for many years, and while significant consideration is given to the impact on agriculture and livestock industries, relatively little information is available for manufacturers. The Iowa Center for Industrial Research and Service - CIRAS at Iowa State University - is working to pull together resources, educational curriculum, and general guides for our manufacturing clients to help them plan, prepare, and protect their operations from water shortage crises.
CIRAS Contact: Mike O'Donnell, 515-509-4379, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drought Considerations for Manufacturers
- DNR Water Summary Update
- Weather maps and reports
- Additional Resources
- Alliance for Water Efficiency - Manufacturing Introduction
- Food Processing Industries Water Use Efficiency Ideas - California Department of Water Resources
- Iowa State University Extension & Outreach Dealing with Disasters
- Safeguard Iowa
- Save Water PA
- The Governor's Office Drought Page
- Urban Drought Guidebook 2008 Updated Edition - State of California, Department of Water Resources, Office of Water Use Efficiency and Transfers
Engage. Educate. Embed.
Last updated: 8/19/2013