What are biobased products?
Most of the products we use contain carbon. However, unlike products using fossil-based carbon, biobased products contain significant amounts of carbon from renewable biomass feedstocks such as soybean oil, corn sugar, and other agricultural resources. Not only is manufacturing with these resources more sustainable, it is more environmentally responsible as well.
What are the benefits of biobased products?
Biobased products offer significant benefits for America's economy, environment, and security:
- By increasing demand for agricultural products, biobased products make more money for American farmers, bolstering the rural economy.
- By using renewable resources, biobased products reduce the amount of greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere.
- By lessening demand for fossil fuels, biobased products help improve our energy security by reducing America’s reliance on foreign oil.
What can CIRAS do for my company?
CIRAS can help your company become part of the biobased future by
- Identifying opportunities to integrate biobased products into your operations.
- Helping to match you with biobased manufacturers that best meet your needs.
- Facilitating company-manufacturer partnerships, creating opportunities for growth.
What is my next step?
Contact the following staff member to see what CIRAS can do for you.